[App_rpt-users] Upgrade from Dial to ASL distro.

k7ilo1 at gmail.com k7ilo1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 02:04:19 UTC 2018

So this has probably already been answered and forgive me if it has.

I have a problem with reading through the crap load of emails I have. And I
mean a CRAP load.

1st.  What's the advantage (differences) to moving to the ASL distro that's
posted compared to the DIAL distro?

2nd. Is there an upgrade path from the 1 to the other?

3rd. I do have a hard drive where I installed the ASL version and called
myself importing my settings.

My node is working well as a standard repeater but I am not registering with
the ALLSTAR network and the node is not responding to ANY DTMF commands,
including status, id, or any other local commands.

It transmits periodically like its id'ing but no sound.  My audio is setup
because ive used the echo function and that's working properly and audio,
deviation and all of the cool repeater settings are clean

Where do I need to start looking for these couple of issues?

I am back online now because I put the DIAL release hard drive back in just
to be accessible for the time being.

Thanks all

Harold

K7ILO