[App_rpt-users] Back up Asterisk

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Jul 25 03:26:33 UTC 2018

On 7/24/18 9:45 PM, Luc Drolet VE2LUQ wrote:
> I want to make backups for my allstar system
> I have several private repeaters on several mountains
> Is there a way to do remote backup backup( from a distance) "maybe in SSH mode"
> can we make a backup every week? Which method should I use?

There's not really much to backup.  I'd use a cron job to rsync the
/etc/asterisk directory which is where the configs are stored.  This way it's
not going to copy anything unless it's changed.

If you want to get advanced with rsync, it's easy to make it keep daily
backups with hard links over the last n days.

73's
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice