[App_rpt-users] Back up Asterisk

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 03:27:34 UTC 2018

It's unlikely you'll need to cron backups as the config files seldom
change. Once you set up you node and back it up, you'll only need to
subsequently backup as you make changes to your config.

The node number you show 1415 is a private node number. The back up script
cannot login in with that node number. You must use a registered node and
it's issued password to use the backup server. However, if you have a
registered node on that server and you set your backup configuration file
to use that node, the backup script will back all nodes (including private
ones) on that server.

The file name you have chosen for you backup configuration will not work.
The name must be savenode.conf. I refer you to the backup documentation on
our WiKi at https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Backup

If you're not all that hot about using the Linux command line, or you don't
have a public node, you can simply copy all the files in /etc/asterisk to a
safe place on your hard drive with winscp. That makes a perfectly adequate
backup of your node(s). Also be sure to look at the asl-menu built into ASL
1.01.