[App_rpt-users] Private Node - Connection Failed - Clarification

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Fri Jul 27 02:06:13 UTC 2018

On 7/26/18 10:02 PM, Jim Aspinwall No1PC wrote:
> Say I have Public node 43039 (I do) and it works connecting to and
> accepting connections among other Public nodes. One and only one radio
> interface.  Can I also make it a private node, for example 1001, and able
> to accept or initiate connects with another known private node?

Jim, if you want a node that private nodes can connect to, but also
AllStarLink nodes can connect to it too, the easiest way to to make this node
a public node number.

You define your private nodes on it and also define it on your private nodes.
This way you'd have say private node 1004 connecting to public node 40821.
Perfectly legal and easy to make play nice.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net