[App_rpt-users] Is stats.allstarlink.org down?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Fri Jun 8 14:40:51 UTC 2018

On 6/8/18 8:27 AM, Danny K5CG wrote:
> I have confirmed reports from others that it was indeed down, so I didn't imagine it.
>
> Possible causes:
> 1. Access was denied from the entire State of Texas - not likely
> 2. it isn't being monitored - that's not good, is it?
> 3. it was noticed and nobody said anything.
> 4. ?
>
> I'm glad it is working again but this should have been considered an
> "incident" and reported, somehow.
I was in a customer meeting when I got an alert.  Can't do much then, and
everyone else was busy too.  It's the stats server, a non-critical server, so
it got looked at when we had time, about an hour later when we got back from
dinner.  I took time away from my work and went back to my room to resolve it.
 The virtual interface on the VM was down, not 100% sure why, but a quick
restart fixed it.

I didn't put out an email then as I didn't have time then as I had to get back
down to meet with my customers in the bar.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net