[App_rpt-users] GPS hardware recommendation for RTCM Voting

Kevin Walsh w8khw1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:07:58 UTC 2018

I have used the QRP Labs QLG1 GPS modules at several locations and especially for portable receivers. You do need to change a jumper in the RTCM to select TTL interfacing. They are $23 each in kit form, plus the cost of an SMA PC mount connector for an external antenna. Really easy to assemble and they acquire/lockup quickly.

Https://www.qrp-labs.com/qlg1.html

Kevin

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 4:47 PM, Sean McCarthy <smccarthy61 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That unit does look nice, but relatively pricy. Seeing as I don't need the hi-stab, I was hoping for a lower cost option.
>

>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 1:42 PM Joe Moskalski <kc2irv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The BG7TBL units are the best bang for your buck and support external 3.3v powered antennas.
>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018, 12:50 PM Sean McCarthy <smccarthy61 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Looking for advice on selecting GPS units for an RTCM voting project. I need units that support external active antennas.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sean