[App_rpt-users] Net Tonight: Continued Conversation on digital modes and ASL gateways 8:30 pm esdst

Mike mm at midnighteng.com
Tue Jun 26 18:05:25 UTC 2018

I will say with all of this newly added individual personal
communication using ASL, it has changed the scope of how we must do things.

No longer is the majority of nodes a repeater system.  We are going to
have to wrap our minds around that fact. The growth of ASL nodes has
doubled in the past 3 years.

Nobody has had to make _reservations_ for these large connects for nets
and putting up 1,2 or even three very large assets is not always going
to solve the issues with what we do. But it helps.

So, here is a plan for the net tonight...

You can make your 'reservation' by connecting early ( see connection
list at www.29999.link and may be updated late )

When the connectable nodes start the net or when they fill to a
determined capacity,
they will be closed to incoming connections.

So if you are late, you will need to connect downstream from those
already engaged in a solid connection.
This insures that those late to the party don't spoil the party. (Use
the bubble map link top right side of page www.29999.link)
Also, telemetry will be tuned off to avoid other issues and for the
enjoyment of the content.

*So tonight:
Continued conversation on digital modes and ASL
Steve N4IRS will be around for a short while for some Q&A on DVswitch
Join Us !  Tonight at 8:30 pm esdst*
I know that many have began deployment and testing while many also have
some issues we need to help-out with.
As the net winds down, we shall break it into a roundtable discussion
as/when we can.
So if you have any announcements etc, be prepared to broadcast those
later in the net.

Please thank your supporting node of connection for helping make it
possible !
The next net will be 3 weeks after to get past the 4th of July holiday
and to line-up some new speakers and content.

Thanking everyone for the help in making these things possible for the
enjoyment of everyone !
I can only hope you gain something from them.

...mike/kb8jnm