[App_rpt-users] iaxrpt

mwbesemer at cox.net mwbesemer at cox.net
Fri Jun 29 14:42:17 UTC 2018

Bob,

The node is set up and is registering on the website.  I'm able to
connect via my android iaxrpt and have had QSOs in that fashion.  It is
not yet hooked to any RF device; my intent is to get it set up as much
as possible before going 'live' via RF.  The issue 'seems' to be with my
ability to connect via my internal IP, but MAY actually be linked to my
Windows installations of iaxrpt.  I've tried two different machines with
Windows and can't get it to work, but I really need to verify if its an
internal IP issue or an issue with the Windows iaxrpt setup.  Hopefully
I'll be able to do that tonight.

73,

Mike
WM4B

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 10:01 AM, Bob Pyke wrote:

> Please check out
> https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Main_Pagehttps://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Main_Page
> which contains lots of good info. Here are a few things to be aware
> of.
>
> Before attempting to connect (link) any device to the node, set the
> node up first, so you have an operating node, which means Asterisk is
> happy.
>
> The node is controlled (read that as setup) by configuring it,
> changing the *.config files in /etc/asterisk
> If using a DMK Engineering URI or URIx (or similar device), the green
> light continually blinks when Asterisk is running and happy. If the
> green light is solid, not blinking, Asterisk is not happy, and likely
> not running. It may be happy, but the node not fully setup.
>
> Each time a change is made to one of the config files, asterisk must
> be restarted for the changes to be effective. If you make a change and
> restart asterisk, and the green light no longer blinks, reverse your
> change and figure out what you may have done incorrectly.
>
> Most of all, take time to learn and enjoy the asterisk experience.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
> K6ECM
> 73
>

>> On Jun 29, 2018, at 3:58 AM, mwbesemer at cox.net wrote:
>>
>> No.  I've never seen reference to that.  I'm still in the initial
>> phase of setting up this node; have not messed with rpt.conf yet.
>>
>> Mike
>> WM4B
>>

>>> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 11:11 PM, Bob Pyke wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you add your local node address for each node in the rpt,conf
>>> [nodes] stanza?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bob
>>> K6ECM