[App_rpt-users] Radio connecte to allstar node

David Waters dwaters5 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 00:21:18 UTC 2018

Hi and HelpI built an allstar node about 2 months ago. The node worked right away but the radio attached to it did not work. I messed with it for 3 weeks.I finally got it working by replacing the modified sound fob i bought online with a DMK URI interface.It was working great until yesterday. I decidec to upgrade to a better more powerful radio and now no radio will work.My original setup wasboefing BF888 hand held radioDMK URIUsing simpleusb.  I decided to upgrade to an Alinco DR453 radio  no tnc card installed.Same DMK URISwitched eberything over to usbradio as per the instructiondSet usbradio.config  file as instructed                         carrierfrom= usbinvert                      ctcssfrom= noRadio went into constant transmitt mode. Everything we tried did not correct the problem. We decided to switch back to what was working,simpleusb with the boefing 888 radio.We put back every file the was it originally was and nor the 888 radio stays in constant transmitt.I finall after 14 hours dicided to diconect the radio and uri from the node. radio was overheating.So no we have a node that works except for no way to access it with a radio. My son has an echolink account and can dial in that way. I have an spp that will let me connect to my node and call up other nodes but my app will not let me talk. I only mention this to show that the node is working except for the radio part.I have searched till my computer overheated and found no help with my problem. everyone says as soon as i hool up thr uri and radio it will start working------------No it oesn't.  I definately am missing something.
Please help  keep in mind I no nothing of the software or very little commands, everything i did to get node running was fron info off the internet. However the radio problen doesn"t show up online.

DaveAB3MZ