[App_rpt-users] iax.conf

vk3antrk vk3antrk at bigpond.com
Thu Mar 15 05:16:42 UTC 2018

John.
I have an Android Galaxy Tab S2 tablet and a 3 year old Android Galaxy S4 mobile phone and I downloaded Android iaxrpt to both devices.
My mobile phone :- Android iaxrpt works well when connected to my LAN here at home, can do everything,  it but will NOT work via my Public IP when I am out and about, the phone will just not register via the Public IP.
My Android tablet :-  Android iaxrpt works well when connected to my LAN here at home but being only a WiFi device it can't work via any Public IP, so what to do ?
As Android iaxrpt has 10 places to set up 10 different accounts I set position 1 on my Tablet to my local Network and position 2 with the Public IP address of my mobile phone, tethered my Tablet to my mobile phone and set my phone to use my Data ( NOT my LAN ) and my Tablet now works well via my Public IP.
Conclusion :- my mobile phone must be too old for Android iaxrpt to work in the public domain. Knowing this I can live with it until I get round to buying a new mobile phone ( not a high priority ) and "if" I want to use Android iaxrpt when I'm out and about then I can just tether my Tablet to my mobile.
If you have a decent Data allowance on your mobile phone then maybe try to set iaxrpt on a Tablet, find the Public IP of your mobile phone, set up iaxrpt with that Public IP on your Tablet then tether that Tablet to your mobile phone, see if that works for you.
Cheers.RonVK3ANT
IRLP :- 8916Echolink :- 209875Allstar :- 28467DSTAR and DMR :- On request.

Sent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: John Rudolph- N2YP <John at n2yp.com> Date: 15/3/18  11:06  (GMT+10:00) To: app_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org Subject: [App_rpt-users] iax.conf
Ive setup iax.conf and it will work with iaxrpt on my laptop but I can not get it to work on my cellphone with WiFi via iaxrpt or zoipier. Ive double and triple checked the information and ive entered it right. It says no registration for peer 'xxxx' Any thoughts?