[App_rpt-users] suggestions

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Mar 21 01:21:57 UTC 2018

On 3/20/18 9:17 PM, ARS W5OMR wrote:
> I'm working with 2 nodes, 2 separate machines, both currently on the
> same network.
> Both are set the same, using the port of 4569.  That's -got- to be a
> bad thing...
>
> Can I just poke a hole in the firewall to, say... 4570 and forward it
> to the ip of the 2nd node?
> Is it -really- as simple as that, or... is there some sort of new
> 'fresh' hell, I'm in for?

Are both nodes behind NAT?  NAT is evil.

If they are behind the same NAT device you will need to do a translation.
Example in IOS format:
ip nat inside source static udp $INSIDE1 4569 interface $OUTSIDE 4569
ip nat inside source static udp $INSIDE2 4569 interface $OUTSIDE 4570

You will need to update your source port in the portal for that second server.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net