[App_rpt-users] DIAL install on Virtual Box

KB7YS-Stacey kb7ys_sk-asl at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 06:35:01 UTC 2018

Still learning, but getting there...
After no luck with getting a previous version of DIAL that was available on the ASL site to work with my fob interface, a suggestion led me to find there was a new version available.  After installing and working though the asl-menu setup I finally had a working node with my old Acer Aspire One.  However there were still some tasks to complete.

While working through the Allmon2 install process I thought why not use Oracle Virtual Box to test on instead of the actual system. It was a good thought however the currently available image will not install on Virtual Box 5.2.8. Just for kicks I grabbed the current 32bit Debian iso - this installed on the virtual system with no issues. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on why the DIAL image would not work. Error is 'no kernal' during the install... and it stops. I can continue, but then grub has nothing to load when the virtual reboots. Thank for any assistance.
(PS - I did finally get Allmon2 installed and working, that was a bit of a bumpy ride, a good learning experience)
Stacey - KB7YS