[App_rpt-users] ASL time

Mike mm at midnighteng.com
Wed May 9 02:03:20 UTC 2018

I can not speak to new app_rpt installs an not sure what you are using
for a computer board as some of these mini's might not have a RTC but

you can write a script to sync with NTC and update when you want. Once a
day after  2 am works well. Even just on sunday at 2am. But if it is
getting very far off every hour, you have larger issues and need to
reset it every hour.

That is provided your board has a real time clock. If not you will have
to script something to accommodate the change.

This is a script file I use and call synctime.sh

#!/bin/bash
/usr/sbin/ntpdate pool.ntp.org > /etc/asterisk/log/timelog.txt

I am also logging the activity (of any script) in a log directory.

now you need to make a command calling it in your setup for it, make it
a macro and call it from your sched as you wish.

If you RTC is getting off by more than a hour, it is best not to let
that happen and if it does, do a full reboot to your server just after
you correct the time. This will flush all timers and remove potential
hidden problems from the swift change.

...mike/kb8jnm