[App_rpt-users] initializing alsa soundcard levels at startup

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed May 16 13:26:46 UTC 2018

Hi Doug,

Just like all versions of AllStar, the audio levels for the
Asterisk/AllStar application are set directly by the channel driver each
time the driver resets, including when it loads initially.

To adjust these levels, use the simpleusb-tune-menu program, which adjusts
the levels real-time and will let you save your settings.

The audio level settings get saved to a config file in the /etc/asterisk
folder, with naming conventions like: simpleusb_tune_*.conf ....In this
case, the star ("*") is the name of the device you used. So, if the device
was named "usb0" the file would be: simpleusb_tune_usb0.conf

73, David KB4FXC