[App_rpt-users] ASL Deployed on a VPS in under 1 hour as HUB

Mike mm at midnighteng.com
Wed May 16 17:29:51 UTC 2018

Thanks for helping put that in perspective,  I too have been fond of them.

but I did say the cause of my issue was related to problems with the one
instance ( normal asterisk on larger instance ) and their reaction was
to stop/block ports on all of my instances. For doing that with no
notification has caused me to waste a lot of time fixing things that
were not broke.(using up cpu cycles since the scripts continue to run
and stack-up creating more of a problem)

I do hold that against them as I'm sure you would also "if it happened
to YOU". I use email to tell me in reports/notifications as to the
instance status, which I will not get when they block ports especially
on instances that had no issues. So I instantly developed issues where I
did not have any because of the universal port blockage, and without
notification.

I pick-up a instance on any OS, run tests and destroy it often within a
week. It was what brought me to them since they charge the instance by
the minute pretty much. $20 can go a long way even with a 4cpu 8gb
instance that I only need for a day. But I have found that server
location determines ip address and so the hacking activity levels change
with some locations.

...mike/kb8jnm