[App_rpt-users] Initial 24hr load test of ASL VPS 1mb/1core

Mike mm at midnighteng.com
Sun May 20 18:44:42 UTC 2018

For those that have a interest.

This is a 1core 1gb ram instance. The stats were generated from vultr's
dashboard for the instance.

There have been 4 output streams on this over the 24hr test period. With
the W3WAN sys generating the traffic.

http://29999.link/allmon/link.php?nodes=29999

 From what I have seen, that is a typical node load.

I think it looks pretty positive. But Would like to hear your read on it
'ON list' so everyone benefits.

I will not be revising this on the page, but deleting the graph after a
week or 2.

I deployed awstats (i use on general webs) and later will be testing
it's ability to monitor/stat stream data.

(how2 is forthcoming)

But if anyone has done this already with stream data, let me know. Fill
me in !

For future reference, the testing and test interface's I build and any
howto's will be posted at http://29993.link

A test/toy hub. Nothing fancy, just the skinny. I intend to use good
stuff I test at 29993 at other deployments.

  Anyone is welcome to use, copy, distribute any tools/toys for in the
future so bookmark it and check-in from time to time to see if there is
anything of value or what's up, or just connect to 29993 for a chat. But
it would be suggested to look at the allmon page for activity before
using any "LIVE" tools/toys i post later. I have a lot of stuff in mind,
many of them old stuff I created years ago so we shall see how ASL on
DEB9 works with some of them on a web instance. So far, I'm lik'n it !

And 29993 is a 512mb 1core instance.

I will post a graph for it as the same when I have a good 4-out stream
output data for 24hrs to use.

I guess the whole trick is to find out what can be done on the
minimal/512mb instance.

So, I would like to sched anyone to connect to the 29993 minimal instance

  9pm esdst Monday may 21 / i think that is @ 01:00 utc  for anytime
within that hour.

so I might have a looksy at the real time load problems on the amount of
streams we end up with.

Thanks for your help with that, if you will connect up with a free node
you have then.

I'll shoot the group what I find out. Perhaps we will crash it ?

73,

...mike/kb8jnm