[App_rpt-users] AllStar nodes in the Cloud

Steven D. Blackford kb7sqi at gmail.com
Mon May 21 20:01:02 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,
    Long time reader of the list, but first time poster.  :-)  Steve, K4SQI
here.  I've noticed there's been a lot more interest in this subject
lately.  So I figured I'd post my results.  I've been running multiple
AllStar Hubs/Nodes in the cloud for several months now.  Using various
configurations.  1 core 512 Meg memory, 1 gig memory, etc.  They all work
flawlessly.  I've installed them on both Debian & Ubuntu.  Used the repo's
Steve, N4IRS has setup & compiled multiple instances directly from the
github repo so I could test different things.  My Primary AllStar Node
46626 is setup on one cloud server & is tied full time to my Digital Link
system called the Carolina Link.  99% of that system is all cloud based
thanks to the hard work of Steve, N4IRS & Mike, N4IRR and the BM Network.
So my thanks goes out to them.   I still have multiple nodes setup here on
PI's/Odroid's for personal use, but personally for bigger hubs/nodes, I
think the cloud is the way to go.     Just my 0.02. :-)  73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI

--
-----
Steve, kb7sqi at gmail.com