[App_rpt-users] RTL_SDR for receive

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Thu May 24 02:40:40 UTC 2018

On 5/23/18 8:00 PM, KD2NFC - Joe wrote:

> I was able to listen to the audio piped from the rtl_sdr on the node today.
> Well I actually had to create an extension that opens the other end of the
> loopback device I am piping the audio into. I made an extension and it can
> be called up. I’m basically using alsa as a end point.

Joe, that's great to hear.  I love seeing people dig into AllStar and change
things out of the ordinary, that's the power of open source.

> So if you want to add a sdr dongle to your node just follow these steps.
> Don’t forget to plug in your rtl-sdr dongle 😊

You should add this up on the wiki, it's there so anyone can edit it and add
new stuff to it.  http://wiki.allstarlink.org

Request an account:
https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Special:RequestAccount and we'll get it
approved.