[App_rpt-users] Router Malware Warnings from FBI

Bryan St Clair bryan at k6cbr.us
Thu May 31 17:13:38 UTC 2018

They don't make patches for something that hasn't been exploited yet.
That's why a day 0 exists.

This started in 2016...

The affected models are older and I would bet, behind in updates.

Updates don't protect everything, just what was known in the past. 2016 is
the past.

A good reason why it's tageted the Linksys, MikroTik, NETGEAR and TP-Link
devices is their low update rate. Not the manufacturer, but the consumer.