[App_rpt-users] Question about recovering rpt.conf

John Griffith jcarl.griffith at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 19:46:15 UTC 2018

I’m told as soon as I write a new piece of software to the drive, I’m in danger of re-writing the data. I don’t have testdisk installed.
I’m shutting down the Pi and pulling the card. I can run Testdisk on a PC with the card inserted, I hope. I suppose I can start from scratch with the rpt.conf again if I have to.

What started this was, I did something I’m completely scratching my head on. I must have changed something or caused a typo in my original, real rpt.conf  file that caused my URI green LED to stop flashing.
Simple USB was simply not working any more. I spent a long time re-creating rpt.cof from the rpt.conf.sample file.  After it was perfercted, I accidentally deleted it. I suppose I could copy my
Original rpt.conf file here to see if any of you could spot the typo causing the URI to go dead. I won’t post unless someone offers to take a look.

John