[App_rpt-users] New allstarlink.org will not have download configs

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 20:21:19 UTC 2018

The new allstarlink.org site is nearly complete. While there is much to
tell you about the new site, there is one feature that will not be there.

The new site will not have the capability to download configs to your node.
This feature has long outlived its usefulness and there are better options
these days.

One option to consider is upgrading your node. Current nodes have a menu
system providing capabilities beyond the old config download. Of course
there are the built in editors such as nano and vi. Another option is to
use a tool like WinSCP.

It is important to note that only the ability to configure your node from
the website will be lost. Your node will still work normally after the new
site rollout, and other methods of configuration are not affected.

Although we do not have a date for the rollover to the new web site, we are
taking this opportunity to inform you of the coming change.

You may preview the new site at web-tpa.allstarlink.org
--
Tim WD6AWP