[App_rpt-users] AllStar as Repeater Controller Connect to Duplex Hub

Jim Aspinwall No1PC no1pc at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 19:42:00 UTC 2018

I thought I was going to be ingenious and replace a few RLC multi-port controllers that each have one of the link ports tied to an AllStar node that runs in non-duplex, and the node connects to another AllStar hub (running in duplex) that is used as the 'link' to feed other repeaters in similar configuration.

Simply connect the repeater radio to the AllStar interface, re-configure the node to duplex=2 - tah-dah - repeater!!

Then, connect the repeater node to the hub so it can be linked to the other sites.  Connects as before, not unexpected. Great.

What I did not account for is that the hub is running in duplex, so whatever the repeater sends to it comes back, delayed of course.  Sounds like an undesired configuration...

However that doesn't seem to account for the fact in the prior configuration the duplex hub traffic never came back into the half-duplex node and echo'd.

Is this a hang-time thing?   Am I missing something?  Expected behavior - don't try this at home?