[App_rpt-users] default keyboard

Tom tom at k5tra.net
Sun Nov 25 17:56:24 UTC 2018

I hadn't noticed the problem with several keys like | \ and ~ not correctly
mapping from a USB connected keyboard because I usually interface with SSH.
Today, I had a USB keyboard plugged into a Pi and was trying to pipe through
grep and I kept getting a ~ instead of |. It turns out that the default
keyboard on your Pi is set for Great Britain instead of US. Here's the fix:

vi or nano into    /etc/default/keyboard

change from XKBLAYOUT="gb"  to  XKBLAYOUT="us" .

Tom / K5TRA