[App_rpt-users] Asl-menu to set root password

Mike mm at midnighteng.com
Mon Oct 1 04:05:55 UTC 2018

Well, you did not say you were trying to SSH or I would have give you
that ...LOL...
Yea, the ASL menu does not show buttons at the bottom for me and I
thought that was what you were having issue with.

Be sure to change that ssh port in that file and restart the ssh
service. Add that new port to the firewall config.

...mike/kb8jnm

On 10/1/2018 12:01 AM, Bob Pyke wrote:
> Thanks Mike... figured it out. I needed to change sshd_config
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
> K6ECM
>
> Sent from iPad
>

>> On Sep 30, 2018, at 8:42 PM, Mike <mm at midnighteng.com> wrote:
>>
>> sudo passwd root
>>
>> Watch as you will probably be entering your sudo user password before entering the root setting password. Pay attention to the prompts.
>>
>> ...mike/kb8jnm
>>
>>> On 9/30/2018 11:23 PM, Bob Pyke wrote:
>>> I’m missing something... I go through the first time, and other menus, thinking I’ve set a root password... no success. Sigh!
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bob