[App_rpt-users] Switching Hardware on a Pi

TGundo 2003 tgundo2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 05:07:37 UTC 2018

Is there something special that needs to be done when switching audio FOB's on a Pi?
I had a RIM-7330 with an intermittent USB jack. Received a replacement, swapped it in, everything works except TX audio (from the radio into the RIM, more likely it's not reacting to the PTT logic). When I put the old one back in it worked fine (other than having to hold the USB jack just right). Put the new one back on still no luck.
Scott at RB (Who probably thinks I am crazy at this point) was kind enough to send me another RIM-7330 as well as a RIM-Lite. Put the next RIM-7330 in, same issue! Tonight I made up the cable to try the RIM-Lite, Same issue again!
I've tried 5 different USB cables, rebooted many times, every basic thing I can think of. It's like it does not want to recognize the PTT output as COS on the RIM. The PTT logic is working on the controller, even tried another port. Strange thing is it will occasionally work, no rhyme or reason, and can quit working mid-sentence.
Is there somewhere in the config I need to clear the old RIM out of the file? Is it done by a device ID somewhere?
ThanksTomW9SRV