[App_rpt-users] New install x86, commands missing

edbathgate at zoominternet.net edbathgate at zoominternet.net
Fri Oct 12 18:37:20 UTC 2018

Trying to keep the thread tied together...
I am up and things are functioning better now.
The Root login was key to getting things to work.  Thanks Brian.
The Repeater login, does not set the paths correctly.

<Additional info, for new or refreshing users, this might be useful info or tips to add to the FAQ, or not...>

I originally ran an ACID distro years ago, and decided to do a new version on some different hardware.
I used a windows 7 pc to download the .iso file, then used 'rufus3.3' to make a bootable linux usb drive with the Asterisk .iso file on it.

It loaded ok, and I got in as Repeater, but could not do any of the asterisk commands, nor asl-menu.  (root login fixed that).

I had difficulty getting the radio tune commands to work, it kept failing returning that "Device usb_29019" currently not active". If I did 'radio active' it showed my usb device as active.

<tip>  ctl+alt+[f2] opens another login and console session, switch back to orig console by ctl+alt+[f1]

Command lsusb showed cm108 audio device was present to the OS.
I found the problem in the top of rpt.conf file,  I had under [29019] node number stanza, both rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo and rxchannel = Radio/usb_29019 both uncommented,  and it was confusing the program or only activating the first choice.

After that I was able to manually "radio tune txvoice" from the Asterisk CLI.   I could not get the gui to do the radio tuning functions.  It was enabled in modules, and rpt.conf, and worked from CLI.  Menu BUG, or something funky on my install?

Everything seemed to work nicely when connected through the router by copper, but when I went to a wireless > copper "wi-fi" extender, the DHCP from the extender kept giving a IPV6 address only, without a IPv4 address.  I used ifconfig to show my ip address, as my wireless device did not give IP or port info.   Adding the following lines to the /etc/sysctl.conf file I was able to prevent IPV6 and get a IPv4 address, and now I was showing on the node list on Allstar.
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.eth0.disable_ipv6 = 1

Most everything is working, except Asterisk does not decode DTMF 3 from either of my radios. I suspect this to be an artifact of using demphasized audio from an HT I used to feed the USB audio device.  I plan to try a hamtronics rx board discriminator audio and see if that fixes the DTMF issue.  Observed using Asterisk CLI commands: radio set debug (on) and rpt debug level 7 while I was trying to connect to hub 2135.

I activated a 2nd node today, #29966, but I only have 1 CM108 usb device at the moment... and could not get Asterisk to play with a logitech USB headset.

73 Ed N3SDO