[App_rpt-users] docs.allstarlink.org

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Oct 24 21:29:13 UTC 2018

Bryan,

You have have such a overactive imagination, you should seriously take up
writing fictional novels.  You might actually find your calling
there---because what you've scribbled below is complete horse hockey.

73, David KB4FXC

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018, Bryan Fields wrote:

> On 10/24/18 3:26 PM, Tim Sawyer wrote:
> I would very much like the name calling and accusations to stop. In an effort
> to calm things down I would like to mention an item of the parties working
> together.
>
> As David mentioned, a board member (me) gave nodelist access to HamVoIP for
> use in their DNS lookup system.

This was access to pull the nodes list, not to ping, and poll all servers in
the cluster.  He was polling each server in the cluster, and sending ICMP at
other servers from that IP as well.  None of this was ever authorized when I
was on the board.

> In return David promised to deliver source
> code

He's promised to deliver source code by distributing "his" HamVOIP software.
He has no license to distributed it without it.

He has promised me he would release his source in March.  This is not being
nice or working with him, it's a _requirement_ of the GPL, the license all our
code is under.  As John David has been unable to actually develop code on his
own, he's bound to abide by the license.

What is there to negotiate on?  He's breaking the law, and to demand he
follows the law is not controversial, it's basic morals.

> When that's
> complete we all will have a better AllStar as a result of working together.
>
> Lets quit ripping into each other and focus on areas of common interest.

Some one is committing an attack on the community and you as a board member
don't seem to want to rectify it.  I'm not content to sit on my hands and do
nothing about John David misdeeds.

People who support John David and people like him will be the downfall of good
software in amateur radio.
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice