[App_rpt-users] Raspberry Pi Kernel and Firmware Versions?

JJC cummingsj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 13:05:11 UTC 2018

Rachel - OSS was deprecated about 10 years ago and removed (or marked
broken) in recent kernels and as such things like /dev/dsp have been
removed.  Your only options are to emulate (my instructions below) /dev/dsp
or go back to an old kernel that still has OSS built in.

http://enhanced.github.io/2018/08/ASL_With_ALSA