[App_rpt-users] Politics

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon Sep 17 16:08:25 UTC 2018

Ditto here.

Never had the pleasure of a F2F, but worked with him on the original Ranger stuff (still have my node up, and still works) as well as the filing that the ARRL had a fit over (their comment: “what gives you the right to suggest something like this without OUR involvement...”  and some network security questions in IAX that got quietly coded into the release back in ‘14 or so.

His view was in the best spirit of “you can achieve the impossible if you don’t worry about who gets the credit” and open and respectful dialogue and cooperation.

As an old AT&T-er, we connected on that level, sharing, all too infrequently, insights into the teleco transmission space; I like to think his keen mind gave us an architecture and way forward that, if we continue on the open collaboration path, and put ego aside, benefits ALL of us.

--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.