[App_rpt-users] OpenVPN

Stacy kg7qin at arrl.net
Sun Sep 23 06:37:33 UTC 2018

On 09/22/2018 02:58 PM, Kevin Halton wrote:

> I am trying to install OPenVPN On my rpi running debian stretch and a
> VPS with Ubuntu 15 . Everything I have found so far is riddled with
> errors and I am getting nowhere. Anyone have a good clear precise set
> of instructions they can point me to?

Skip using OpenVPN completely and use SoftEther.  It supports OpenVPN
natively (it will even generate the L2 and L3 configs for you) as well
as a ton of other things.

You can find out more about setting it up here:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=196956

You can find SoftEther here:   www.softether.org

Download the VPN manager as well as it will give you a GUI that runs on
Windows (or Linux under WINE) to manage your SoftEther VPN or bridge
servers.

-Stacy