[App_rpt-users] New person questions

Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Thu Aug 1 01:58:17 UTC 2019

I am new to AllStarLink.

It looks like there is not much documentation for a beginner.

After I loaded the Asterisk image, I did what I always do when I load a
new distribution.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

it took forever to get all the updates to my Raspberry Pi.

Now I am wondering if that was the right thing to do. I peaked over to
the development page and saw there were no updates to the code since
November. And not much before that in 2018 and 2017. Should I not update
and upgrade?

Is there any development going on?
Will it only work on the old version of Raspbian and not the newest
versions and files?

Is there a wish list of things to fix/upgrade?

Is anyone working to make it run on a Raspberry Pi 4?

Am I asking the wrong questions?

Kip