[App_rpt-users] Other networks using AllStar & app_rpt

Pierre Martel petem001 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 20:55:42 UTC 2019

It is already done in Quebec. there is about 15 repeater linked to a
private network by VPN and all the repeater are running plain vanilla ASL.
The sysop of those repeater dont want inter connection to the outside and
it is perfectly fine like that.

They use fix IP adress in a class A 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 network and
the vpn take care of keeping this all linked even if the internet
connection change IP adress. They even have a script that download the
configuration files from an ftp server every night so if they want to add a
repeater they change the files in one place and they all get new files in
25 hours then when the change need to be live they send a reload command to
every repeater by a small script that connect by ssh then go into the
asterisk cli and issue the reload command.. Since they are all on a local
network an operator only need to connect to the vnp and he have access to
every repeater .

The server is a vps in a data center. it does not even have asterisk on it.

A few years ago there was a project to do a kind of parallel ASL for the
french community. but it never was done.

Pierre
VE2PF