[App_rpt-users] Voice control options

Mike mm at midnighteng.com
Sun Jan 6 18:58:10 UTC 2019

Pierre,

There is not much stopping you from experimenting on your own right now.

It helps if you are familiar with asterisk commands and at least bash
scripts. AGI scripting a plus, but you can figure that out, it's all
well documented.

This has been done with asterisk for at least 6-7 years.

I'm sure those folks at nervittles.com have some updated packages
now-a-days.

A quick look shows   http://nerdvittles.com/?p=21703    so there is your
start. Adapt from that.

As far as not triggering it outside of your intended system,

that can be accomplished using app_rpt's event management system,

a quick look at 'last keyed node' will give you the data to evaluate if
the node that gave the attention keyword is one you want to allow the
flow of voice commands and can/will prevent network falsifying.

The major hick-ups that I had was from all the dev's and hack's kept
overloading the free use of dev tools and google and MS kept changing
the criteria for how it worked. The more that were playing, the faster
the changes came in. Much like voice.google has finally been shut down
as a open interface in the end after frequent changes to eliminate those
that were using it for unintended purposes.  Those changes were a bit
slower since google had contracts for devices that worked from them. The
same will probably happen to the voice assistant boxes in the end. I
have seen so many hacks for them on the internet now. Enjoy and learn
from the freebie while you can.

Personally, now, I don't have a interest in any of them that rely on
external networks to do the task. But a STT/TTS engine run on a local
server is not a uncomplicated task if it is to be accurate. And that's
why google, MS, IBM and a few others have this pretty much wrapped up
for now, but not forever. They did spend about 5+ years developing this
and there was quite a battle over the talent to do it between MS and Google.

Anyway, I see you have the bug... really,  you should go for it ! It is
fun. The more that are playing, the better the chances someone comes up
with something really useful, not just novel.

...mike/kb8jnm