[App_rpt-users] Motorola CDM1250 JU551 position B

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Tue Jan 8 02:39:27 UTC 2019

CDMs are stupid simple to connect to a URI.  Just need discriminator rx audio, ground, xmit flat audio, and ptt.  IIRC, rear connector pins 3, 5, 7, 11 (check the multitude of online sites for the specifics, but this is what I recall)

set up radio in CPS to send the right signals to the right pins, turn off pre/deemphasis in radio, do all the rest (COS, pl decode/encode, de/preemphasis, etc) in asterisk.

log in, radio-tune-menu to set levels and squelch, you are good to go.

Take longer to wire the cable up than to get the sw working, in my experience.

Simplest and fastest way.
--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.