[App_rpt-users] Running an AllStarLink. Hub in AWS ...

Gerry Filby gerf at gerf.com
Wed Jan 23 05:04:07 UTC 2019

Thanks all for the suggestions ...

I got the ISO up in vultr.com, piece of cake - I wasn't aware of that
provider - thanks Mike @ Midnight !!  (AWS watch out - if the monthly
fees and reliability prove out I may move my other VMs out of AWS.)

Thank you for the link to the repo Mike Lee - I hunted for that for a
while without success - maybe that link should be put in the "Downloads"
section ?  The "ASL Repo" link sends you to the ASL Images download page.

Bryan, I did try compiling from sources on a clean Debian Stretch image,
but I think I flubbed the Asterisk perquisites - it barfed on app_meetme
etc etc.  The current version of gcc/g++ seem to have issues with the
asterisk 1.4 code.  I'd like to get that working at some point.

Anyway, all good for now ...

Cheers

Gerry.
W6WNG