[App_rpt-users] Lies, damn lies, and John David McGough

Pierre Martel petem001 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 01:05:46 UTC 2019

My message to the people that want this to be done in private, I say. It is
already in private, Private communication between the people that have
business in a matter is exactly what we are doing. We are ALL parts of that
thing.

Anyone that think they are not being affected by this is so wrong. The
other distro could be playing with how the registration is being done and
could be the responsible for the registration failling.. But since they
wont release the source of the code we cant say, and first thing we know,
the user thinks it is the coder here that are responsible.. Open source are
exactly for that.

It can be a simple tactic to force the user base that use that distro into
moving to a new type of registration and splitting the community in half..
this would not even be far fetched.

There is a saying in french that goes like this ( open translation sorry if
it is not ok) There is no better way to justify the killing your dog then
telling it has rabies. So making registration unreliable in there version
is about the best way to push a split by offering a "better" solution.
Again, there is no way to check this as they dont publish the source..

It is not the first time in open source software that this happen, SDR#
used to be open source, but lots of people started publishing binaries with
dirty hacks and other gizmo that was making the software unstable. The main
programer got tired of this and closed back the source ( he always kept the
IP to himself , never released the source under GPL). And now, even if he
still works on his project and we still have the software, the day he
decide to stop producing it, we all loose... And if the source would be
available, maybe some new coder could build on what he done and we would
all gain from this.. But nope, some ass holes broke this for ALL of us.

We are still lucky that many good programer are still maintening and
upgrading that software..

But letting things go as they are right now will only lead to a pit fall.

Like some meme photo we all see on social media, ITs because of that we
cant have nice things..

Pierre
VE2PF

P.s. Just in case it is not clear.. The other distro leader are the worst
thing that could happen to allstarlink.