[App_rpt-users] Tailmessage Timer

Joshua Nulton kg5ebi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 00:17:28 UTC 2019

I can not share his rpt.conf file but I can explain what was done....

Three changes were made to his rpt.conf file as noted here:

   1. tailmessagetime=2700001 ; incremented to 2700001 to be easily found
   by DTMF control script - *in node stanza*
   2. 84=cmd,/usr/local/sbin/tail45minutes.sh ; added DTMF Controllable
   bash script to change the rpt.conf variable - *in functions stanza*
   3. 85=cmd,/usr/local/sbin/tail5minutes.sh ; added DTMF Controllable bash
   script to change the rpt.conf variable - *in functions stanza*

In the rpt.conf file I modified the tail time from 2700000 to 2700001 to
make that easy for the script to find. Easier than me dealing with SED and
spaces anyway....I then added the DTMF command of *84 to set the
tailmessage time to 45 minutes, and *85 to set the tailmessage time to 5
minutes. ALL 3 changes are commented on the file.

The deal breaker: The script from 45 to 5 minutes will only work if it is
currently set to 2700001, and the script from 5 minutes to 45 will only
work if the variable is currently set to 300001. Basically if someone
manually changes the time to anything other than 2700001 & 300001 neither
script will work.

First modify your rpt.conf file to match the above changes. Then upload the
two additional scripts linked below, these 2 scripts need to be saved to
the /usr/local/sbin/ and once there will need to be set to executable and
set by typing the following four commands:

sudo -s
chmod u+x /usr/local/sbin/tail45minutes.sh
chmod u+x /usr/local/sbin/tail5minutes.sh
sudo asterisk -rx "rpt reload"

Files linked:
 tail45minutes.sh
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/10uk28qAnGlE_kpa62ZwZw-OGt3ipOqPT/view?usp=drive_web>