[App_rpt-users] Lies, damn lies, and John David McGough

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 14:18:56 UTC 2019

Well, it seems to be true that registration complaints come primarily from
hamvoip as we seldom see those problems on this list.  I think that's
because the Pi crowd tends to turn off their nodes way more often than
others. It does take a while for the IP address of recently powered up
nodes propagate. Hamvoip fixed that but won't share the code so it might
look like ASL registration is broken to some.

VE2PF's theory of "the other distro playing with registration" isn't so far
fetched. In fact, there's a whole lot of truth to that.

--
Tim WD6AWP