[App_rpt-users] Disconnect a local node

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sat Jun 1 18:55:19 UTC 2019

On 5/31/19 5:02 PM, ARS W5OMR wrote:
> So, recap...
> I want to be able to
> 1) leave allstar running
> 2) turn the repeater on/off
> 3) connect on echolink and have the node connected to somewhere else.
>
> I just want to be able to turn on/off information getting passed on the
> local repeater, connected to allstar.

So if I understand this correctly you want to keep a node running but disable
the transmitter, from a remote node.  Lets say your node is 100, and the
remote is 105.  You're local to 105.

Use cop,4 to proxy your commands, typical this is mapped to *4

1. connect node 100 to node 40821: *4-100-*3-40821
   Means send *3-40821 to node 100
2. disable node 100 using cop, 3, say mapped to *876 DTMF
   *4-100-*876
   This will send *876 to the node 100 and disable it.

Once the node is disabled anyone connected through it will remain connected,
but no new connections will be permitted.

If you want to just disable the transmitter using a relay you can do the same
with GPIO as well.

The other option here is to setup a pseudo node as a hub and just connect
everything to that.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice