[App_rpt-users] ASL-MENU bug?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Thu Jun 13 01:29:52 UTC 2019

On 6/12/19 3:28 PM, Lu V wrote:
> Anyone else having issue with raspbian stretch not setting host name and
> static IP? I need to set a static IP and specific gateway and I am not
> familiar with debian’s methods. If some can send me an example config file
> and location? I assume it goes to /etc/network/interfaces.d? I just don’t
> know the format and what the file name should be. I’ll worry about the host
> name another time. Thanks.

I'm not aware of any bug, I've statically provisioned one before.  Can you
confirm this?

Basically it's Debian, and uses /etc/network/interfaces

quick example:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 44.98.248.123
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 44.248.0.0
        broadcast 44.248.0.255
        gateway 44.248.0.1
        dns-nameservers 44.103.0.4
        dns-search allstarlink.org

You may want to update /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hostname to have the proper
host name in it.

That should make it static no problem.

--
Bryan Fields