[App_rpt-users] GE Mastr III and DMK USB-URI

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sun Mar 10 01:24:12 UTC 2019

Bret, one thing to know about the URI is that the COR input line (pin 8)
requires a signal transition to pull to ground. This is different that a
signal that sources voltage and goes low. the URI has internal pullup
resistors so it doesn't look for voltage change.

So what this means is if the CAS/COR out line on the Master III does not
pull to ground when it goes low, the URI will not see a signal change.
The URI has a dc blocking diode on its input. So it needs to see a
signal that either goes low when the receiver is active or when it is
inactive.

If the Master III CAS/COR is active hi then I suggest you connect the
CAS/COR through a 47K resistor then to the base of an NPN transistor.
Then connect the collector to pin 8 on the URI and connect the emitter
to gorund. This will invert the CAS/COR signal and give an open
collector that goes to ground on receiver activity.

Then in the Allstar node set the CORFROM=usbinvert.

This means the URI will be looking for a signal to ground pin 8. then
audio will be sent through the system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jon VA3RQ