[App_rpt-users] Manually key ASL from command-line

James WD0JB James.WD0JB at gmail.com
Thu May 2 20:07:39 UTC 2019

All,

Is there a way to manually key from the Asterisk command-line, or other, to
transmit when using a USB fob without the COS activated?  I have a fob that
I cannot key with pin48 on CM119, but I still want to use the fob, possibly
as a radio-less node with a headset / microphone.  I cannot key with pin48
on the CM119 because there is not the proper voltage on that pin to pull
down.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am using the SYBA UAUD compact fob.  This
Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MSS6CS

Also, these fobs (I've tried 2 so far) have an eeprom chip on them
(FT93C46A).  Any others I've seen used in this manner from forum posts do
not appear to have this chip, however, removing the chip does not
resolve the issue.  One fob has 200mv the other has about 1volt.  Nothing
else connected to the pin.

Thanks in advance for any help.

James