[App_rpt-users] URIx versus URIb

Lu V luvencl8 at gmail.com
Sat May 11 02:26:29 UTC 2019

It’s been about 10 or 12 years since I ordered a URI and I just ordered one as I ran out of them and it came as a URIb version.
I didn’t even notice it until I started investigating while I was having trouble with reaching sufficient discriminator level and pin 21. I’m using Kenwood next edge repeaters and I have several of them. I’m finally getting around in adding a node to my Marathon Florida repeater and discovered the hard way that the URIB will not work properly I called and found out that they change the chipset and it is not as sensitive. Just wanting if anyone else had experienced this and what the resolution might be?
I tried testing a URIb on a gm300 and found that it just barely had enough level. It actually warns you but it does work.
There needs to be an alternative or they need to fix this because I can see this being a showstopper for a lot of people.

Lu Vencl
KA4EPS