[App_rpt-users] Node Number Extensions

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sat May 18 04:59:08 UTC 2019

On 5/18/19 12:44 AM, Tim Sawyer wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 7:27 AM Steve Mahler <kizzy at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>> A good idea.  Why not allow expanding 2 digits?  I can see one callsign
>> having more than 10, but very very few having more than 100 nodes.  A
>> little extra here might prevent having to do this again.
>>
> That idea is discussed here
> https://community.allstarlink.org/t/new-node-number-proposal-nnx/14978/5?u=wd6awp

Fixed quoting (argh can people quote properly please)

I think it's a good idea, this is one of the concerns I had, to make the
extinction digit variable.  Since node numbers are parsed left to right,
there's no way to have a node 2000 and a node 20001, as 20001 would match on
the 2000 when you "dial" it.  For more info you can google how asterisk parses
extensions, as it's really what a "node" is.

This was one of the concerns we'd thought of when trying to write the spec is
how people may use or abuse it.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice