[App_rpt-users] Disconnect a local node

ARS W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri May 31 21:02:35 UTC 2019

So, I travel. A lot. Im a hotshot driver, delivering coast to coast and
border to border. The yl (of 7 years) works a weird mix of day and night
shifts.  The times when she and I are awake, I try to spend time with her
and the family via radio. Me on echolink, her on a local rig on the side
stand next to her recliner.

I have a back yard repeater up (Motorola R100) a URIx, and connect to a
RPi3B. I have echolink pointing to the main node in rpt.conf.
What I would like to do is disconnect the repeater from asterisk/allstar
but leave echolink up and use allstar to connect elsewhere, without the
radio interrupting her sleep, due to unknown schedule changes.

So, recap...
I want to be able to
1) leave allstar running
2) turn the repeater on/off
3) connect on echolink and have the node connected to somewhere else.

I just want to be able to turn on/off information getting passed on the
local repeater, connected to allstar.

I'm *thinking* I could add a couple of nodes, make 29655 the 'main' node,
then a private node for the repeater and another for echolink. That way,
29655 will be connected elsewhere, I can connect to it via echolink, and
the repeater wont be connected, until I send the command (via an ssh phone
app).