[App_rpt-users] New to allstar and would like to learn about "remote base" operation

Don Ritchie k8zgw at twc.com
Sat Sep 14 03:18:35 UTC 2019

I currently have all the “makings” for a 6 meter base station;
an almost (new old stock) GE Master II 40 watt mobile, 2 channel 52.525
and a local repeater.
a short cable that would go to the control head ( no control head)
a nice 20 amp power supply and any number of raspberry pi’s.
my “original” plan was to connect the pi’s together via the internet,
and put the
remote base at a friends house, but he moved. I was told that I was
trying to
"re-invent the wheel and that putting up an alstar node would be easier …
the first two questions, can one build there own radio interface ? and
along those lines
is there anything in the software to allow changing channels ( only two
channels )

Thanks,
Don, K8ZGW Twinsburg Ohio