[App_rpt-users] remote serial port on a raspbery pi to a windows machine

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Thu Aug 6 19:31:37 UTC 2020

On 8/6/20 12:56 PM, Pierre Martel wrote:
> Thanks Benjamin,
> The worst is that I knew about com0com. But never ever think it would work
> with ser2net.
> I will have to check a few things but I do hope to make it work soon.

Check out remserial: http://lpccomp.bc.ca/remserial/

The one thing I will mention here is the need for a firewall to restrict these
services if you want to leave them running.  It's likely best to ssh to the pi
and enable/disable it as needed due to this.  In most cases there's no
security, anyone punting packets at your server can connect to the serial port.

Along with this, logging tends to no be via syslog, so if you want to run it
as a service, it's best to figure out a way to dump it's stdout/stderr into
syslog.

73's
--
Bryan Fields