[App_rpt-users] How to Fix your node

Pierre Martel petem001 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 14:14:04 UTC 2020

Message from the AllStarLink Board of Directors
December 29, 2020

To assure the long-term viability of the Allstar network we have
re-engineered the core architecture for processing node registrations and
the distribution of the current nodes list.

This is part of an ongoing two-year project to provide sufficient resources
for projected node growth and additional stability. In addition, this will
create a stable framework for new types of clients to participate in the
future.

We would like to thank all the people involved in this effort over the past
24 months. There has been proof of concepts with varying development tools
and numerous load tests and we commend the teams for their unsung efforts.
We are pleased to be in the position of deployment as we feel this will
remove many current limitations on growth.

During this major architecture change there may be a few bumps in the road.
We hope you will be forgiving of any outages in the next few days, and know
that the back-end staff will be working diligently to identify and resolve
any issues that may arise.

You should also be aware that some specific volunteers (past and current)
have opposed this sort of design change and we suspect that you may be
reading negative comments from them on various platforms. The board’s
staffing goals are to promote technical innovation from as many hams as
want to get involved and bring new features and clients to Allstar. We look
forward to greeting them and their ideas. Those wishing to get involved in
the future of Allstar should contact us via email at
volunteer at allstarlink.net.

Any comments or questions can be sent to questions at allstarlink.net and we
will respond as time permits and the new system settles in.

>From all of us, we thank you in advance for your patience during this
change and we hope you continue to enjoy AllstarLink as much as we do.

– 73s Pete

Pete Elke /WI6H - President
Todd Lesser /KM6RPT - Secretary
David Shaw /WB6WTM - Treasurer
Tim Sawyer /WD6AWP - Vice President
Kevin Custer /W3KKC - Board Member
------------------------------
The Email List Server has Moved

The app_rpt-users email list has moved to community.allstarlink.org. All
archives and user IDs have been copied to Community. Please see this post
<http://lists.keekles.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/2019-September/020759.html>
 and this post
<https://community.allstarlink.org/t/announcing-the-allstar-community-online-forum/14961>
for