[App_rpt-users] End of Audio File Playback Indication

Ed Wilhelm vacuumtubesforever at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 04:45:27 UTC 2020

OK Asterisk gurus, here’s my problem. Working on a little project that
goes like this:

 1. Send DTMF command to ASL that calls a script. This script is also
    sending commands to another program.
 2. Play an audio file over ASL indicating the function being performed.
 3. Now the tricky part, wait until audio playback has completed before
    moving on to the next command in the script. Don’t want Allison’s
    lovely voice coming out of places she should not!
    How can I do this? Seems like a simple task until you go to do it. I
    know there is a ${PLAYBACKSTATUS} variable in the system that
    returns SUCCESS or FAILURE, but not quite sure how to go about
    accessing it.

Ed W8VT