[App_rpt-users] Reminder: PTTLink Registration

Tony Langdon vk3jed at vkradio.com
Wed Feb 3 22:15:36 UTC 2021

On 4/2/21 8:54 am, Dan Tana wrote:
> I second that.  Unless there is some reason you are unhappy with
> Allstarlink, there is no reason to leave allstarlink and become a
> pttlink user.   I just checked the stats page of both PTTlink and
> Allstarlink.   PTTlink has only 17 nodes listed. On the other hand,
> Allstarlink stats page shows 5048 nodes listed!   I hate to be the
> PTTlink link party pooper but I just don't see the point in switching
> from Allstarlink.
Yeah seems most of us have stayed with ASL.  I had spare resources, so I
was able to take a bet each way and put a spare server with my node
numbers on PTTLink.  These nodes are independent of my ASL nodes with
the same number, though I have permanently linked my two incarnations of
27154 using USRP, to keep registrations separate.  I haven't yet worked
out how I'll link my 2199 nodes, so PTTLink 2199 is effectively an
independent hub for now.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com